Peace Of Mind- the absence of mental stress or anxiety. A feeling of pleasure, quiet mind, satisfaction, serenity, soothingness, tranquility, and well-being.
Most of us experience the feeling of peace for short moments (maybe even seconds). How do we hold moments of peace for longer periods of time? For days…weeks…months…years…or even a lifetime.
Maybe when all of our bills are paid, we feel peace. Maybe when we snatch a decent job (after being unemployed), or maybe as we find out we’re in good health, we lease peace. Can we own peace of mind after hearing bad news? Can we have peace when are our bills are piling up?
For some of us, we get this feeling of peace when we have an “exotic” meal (lol); we get a blissful feeling that says “yes, I just had the chocolate covered lobster smothered in cashew butter”.
Or when we realize that our family, friends, and children are safe- we feel peace.
As for me, in the past, I would get stressed out beyond belief when my finances weren’t in order. Then I would cut off all communication with everyone until I corrected the situation.
These days, I don’t allow that. I have a strategy. I choose peace of mind every single time!
Is it possible to maintain a peace of mind when your hell breaks through? I say “your hell” because we all have varying thresholds for stress and different reasons as for why we may allow ourselves to lose our cool or release our peace.
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?”
-JC (Jesus Christ)
“If you have faith as a grain like the mustard, you can say ‘move’ to the mountain and it shall be removed. ”
Here are 8 simple ways to maintain your peace of mind…
1) Make wise decisions when taking any action. Look at all the angles and variables.
2) Do your absolute best in whatever you choose to take on and have faith it will come to fruition.
3) Adopt the belief that everything happens for a reason and pull opportunity from your challenges. Use all the forces that come your way to benefit your ultimate goal.
4) Understand that only you can give yourself peace of mind. People or circumstances cannot.
5) Take time to ponder about what would bring you peace then begin creating it in your life-little by little.
6) Be honest with yourself, who you are, and your circle of influence…are they conducive to who you want to be and where you’re going? Are you who you really think you are?
7) Be grateful for what you have NOW! Start with your finger nails and work your way up…be thankful for rainy days, or even waking up-today!
8) Let go of blame and criticism. Look for solutions- only.
“There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not.”
Categories: VENT TAB